Monday, November 12, 2012

Gobble Gobble: for Little Ones

My baby is going to be six months old by Thanksgiving! It is hard to believe. On one hand I can't remember life without her, and on the other it seems like we just brought her home from the hospital.
I wanted to make Kate something festive for the holiday.
But there is a problem: she will drool and spit up all over  whatever I put on her. I can always put a bib on her, but then you can even see the cute thing I made her because it is all covered up (I go through this dilemma every week before church). 
The answer: A Festive Bib!
 There was a great variety of material, so every bib is unique!

Naturally I have half of a box with fall fabrics (the other half is 4th of July, we'll get to that later), but I wanted the turkey to stand out a bit, have some distinct shape and texture. I decided to make him out of leather. Yes, I have a bunch of leather, not because mom planned on making anybody leather pants. This is from my own stash. When I taught sewing at a junior high, I got a local Interior Design store to donate all their out dated sample fabrics for curtains and upholstery for the students to play and practice on. The leather however was leading to a bunch of broken needles and headaches, so I took it home.
Clearly Kate is loving her mum's brilliant idea! 

Since we are hosting Thanksgiving this year I wanted to make the house feel warm and festive so I cut out this little banner while the kitchen table was already covered with fall fabric. 

Would you like a festive Turkey bib for your little one? Click on over to my Etsy shop and pick one up today!


1 comment:

  1. Natalie,
    The bib is darling and even cuter with Kate wearing it. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Tell them hello for us. Love you, Susan (Mom)

    )




























    ReplyDelete